Kosharnyy Valeriy Pavlovich, Doctor of philosophy, professor, head of sub-department of philosophy, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The objectives of further development of research in the field of history of Russian philosophy cause the necessity of further investigation and gene ralization of the intellectual experience, accumulated by the philosophy of the Russian post-October expatriates. Of special interest in this regard are the works by the members of the Eurasian movement. The object of the article is the philosophical ideas by the classical Eurasian movement’s representatives. The subject is the philosophy of Russian history by the Eurasians in 20s 30s of the XX century. The aim of the study is to analyze the main principles and methodological purposes, considered by the Eurasians as the base of the philosophical historical analysis of Russian history.
Materials and methods. Realization of the research tasks was achieved through using the Eurasians’ works of the first half of XX century, researches by societ and Russian scientists devoted to the subject matter. The methodological potential includes the comparative historical method, allowing to show the originality of the philosophical-historical ideas of the Russian philosophers-eurasians.
Results. The article reveals theoretical and social sources and premises of the Eurasian concept of Russian history, comprehends its content, shows its questionable nature of the Eurasian interpretation of the Mongolian factor’s influence on the historical process in Russia. The author points out that the result of the universal historical synthesis was the substantiation of the Eurasian ideological space integrity, based on the teaching about Russia-Eurasia as a “symphonic identity”, on the idea of “conciliarism” transformed into a sociological category.
Conclusions. On the basis of the historical-philosophical sources analysis the author concludes that introduction of a spatial value as a system-forming factor in research of economic, political, legal, linguistic, religious, cultural historical aspects of the social whole, assigning the said value a role being as important a time value, was a new phenomenon for the humanities of the said period. The ideas and facts, adduced in the article, allow to consider the Eurasian movement (taking into account all the questionable aspects of the teaching) as one of the most original trends of the Russian philosophy and sociopolitical thought, that not just created an original model of Russia’s social development, but also contributed to development of the methods of the historical process analysis.
classical Eurasian movement, Russia-Eurasia, historical justification of the Russian revolution, place development, continent-ocean, symphonic identity, Turan element, historical geographic synthesis.
1. Savitskiy P. N. Kontinent Evraziya [Eurasian continent]. Moscow: Agraf, 1997, pp. 81–97.
2. Karsavin L. P. Russkiy uzel evraziystva. Vostok v russkoy mysli [Russian junction of the Eurasian movement. The East in Russian thinking]. Moscow: Belovod'e, 1997, pp. 141–200.
3. Savitskiy P. N. Kontinent Evraziya [Eurasian continent]. Moscow: Agraf, 1997, pp. 279–294.
4. Vernadskiy G. V. Russkiy uzel evraziystva. Vostok v russkoy mysli [Russian junction of the Eurasian movement. The East in Russian thinking]. Moscow: Belovod'e, 1997, pp. 250–364.
5. Trubetskoy N. S. Nasledie Chingiskhana. Vzglyad na russkuyu istoriyu ne s Zapada, a s Vostoka [Genghis Khan’s heritage. View on Russian history not from the West, but from the East]. Berlin: Evraziyskoe knigoizdatel'stvo, 1925, 60 p.
6. Alekseev N. N. Russkiy narod i gosudarstvo [Russian people and state]. Moscow: Agraf, 1998, 635 p.